Posts Tagged Vail Resort
I’m continually amazed at her work ethic, intelligence, patience, and management skills. Maybe she will make 40, who knows.
Recently Vail Resorts announced the new season pass line-up for the 2013-14 season. Visit www.epicpass.com for more information. New for this year, Vail Resorts is introducing the Epic 4-Day and the Keystone A-Basin Pass, plus the Epic Pass now offers unlimited access to Eldora (some holiday restrictions apply for employees) and five free days at Verbier Resort in Switzerland.
Buy your Vail Resorts season pass before April 14 to lock in the lowest price available and get the most benefits.
- The Epic Pass™: Now including unlimited access to Eldora in Colorado and Five Days In Verbier, Switzerland. Ski as much as you want, whenever you want at $689 for adults and $359 for children (ages 5-12).
- The Epic Local Pass™: Perfect for people who can navigate a few more restrictions.
- Summit Value Pass™: Perfect for people who only plan to ski or ride Summit County, Colorado.
- New Keystone A-Basin Pass™: The best deal for unlimited skiing in Colorado.
- The Tahoe Local Pass™: The best way to access Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood Seven Days a Week.
- Tahoe Value Pass™: Best for people who can handle a few restrictions.
- New this year, The Epic 4-Day™: Perfect for people who only plan to take one ski vacation.
- Epic 7-Day™: Perfect for people who don’t plan to ski more than seven days.
I received the following message from Vail Resorts through their Employee Newsletter. Interesting new acquisitions. I’m wondering how you make these into “feeder” resorts beyond including them in the Epic Pass? We’ll see.
This time next year, could you be skiing on the same pass as your friends in the Midwest? Last week we welcomed two premier urban ski areas in the Midwest, Afton Alps in Minnesota and Mount Brighton in Michigan, to the Vail Resorts family. Both ski areas serve major snow sports markets in the Midwest with more than 468,000 active skiers and snowboarders in the nearby Minneapolis-St. Paul and Detroit metropolitan areas. Read the full story.
Afton Alps Facts:
- Located on the St. Croix River south of Afton, MN.
- Has a 350 feet vertical drop
- Has 48 trails and 18 chairlifts
- During the summer runs an 18 hole golf course and a mountain bike trail.
Mt Brighton Facts:
- The ski area has a 18-hole golf course called The Jackal, added in 2001.
- Mt. Brighton made a national appearance in the 1993 feature-length film, “Aspen Extreme.” The movie was filmed on location at Mt. Brighton and also in Aspen, Colorado.
- Although in the movie it’s indicated that Mt. Brighton was built on top of an existing land fill, it was actually created with excess road debris from the construction of Interstate 96 and US 23.
With Epic Discovery, summer in Vail will never be the same! Vail Resorts is creating an entirely new summer experience where adventure, education and nature balance and elevate one another.
Launching in 2014, Epic Discovery is designed to connect kids and families with our national forests in an active, fun and engaging way. Vail Resorts, the largest ski company in the United States, will work with The Nature Conservancy on interpretive aspects of the eco-discovery experiences. The proposal includes a number of new activities, Game Creek and Front Side Zip Line Tours, Adventure Ridge Challenge Tour, Micro-Interpretive Centers for Education, More Hiking and Mountain Biking Trails, Family Forest Adventure Park, Forest Flyer™,Game Creek Deck and Lookout Tower, Segway Trails and Tours. The extensive environmental and interpretive programming, offers everyone unique opportunities to try new outdoor activities, challenge themselves physically, discover an appreciation for nature and create lasting family memories.
Click below to visit the Epic Discovery Website: